background

Thursday, September 25, 2008

it's epic

Our lives our epic. I’m not an Olympic athlete. I’m not known by millions. Probably not even thousands. But created in the image of holiness. To Jesus my life is epic. It is so hard to believe sometimes. That You can see yourself in me, sometimes I can’t even find myself in me amidst the sin and ugliness of this world. But You stay with me, and continually think I am beautifully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139). And more than that You say I am your inheritance (Ephesians 1:11). My human mind goes right to what I would think if someone like me was someone’s inheritance. How does He not feel cheated? But you planned for me, for my life, everday of it. You want me seated next to you. I am your masterpiece. Help me to understand a love like that. It’s like nothing else. It’s epic.

‘I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you being anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.’ Harper Lee

No comments: