background

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

...in the way

So often I put myself in the way of you. I blur your glorious reflection. I cloud your spirit within me. I just wanna be a vessel. Your truth in undeniable…it doesn’t need anything added to it. And it doesn’t need to be diluted. It’s enough. I just wanna live to reflect that. I wanna bring that into my relationships. You give freedom. But you also do all the work. You bring the glory and just let me enjoy it. It’s just so hard to understand the concept of enough. There is just never enough anything in this life. But You are different. Let me live that out. It sounds like it should be simple. Redefine enough in me.

‘God is the only comfort, He is also the supreme terror: the thing we most need and the thing we most want to hide from. He is our only possible ally, and we have made ourselves His enemies.’ CS Lewis

No comments: